Company formation Registration - HOME

Incorporating Company
Product and Services Price List
FAQs - Topics Companies House

Registration of a Compromise or Arrangement

How can a company register a compromise or arrangement with its creditors or members (under section 895 of the Companies Act 2006)?

A court order sanctioning a scheme of arrangement has no effect until an office copy is delivered to Companies House for registration. Some schemes of arrangement are liable to stamp duty and some are not. In both cases, we need written confirmation from Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs (HMRC).

T o register an order sanctioning a scheme of arrangement you must send us:

the office copy of the court order;
the scheme of arrangement; and
(if the scheme of arrangement is not stamped) written confirmation from HMRC (usually obtained through the Stamp Office) that stamp duty has been paid or that stamp duty is not payable on the scheme.