Company formation Registration - HOME

Annual Return
Accounting reference Dates
Accounting records
Accounts for your members
Accounts for Companies House
Small company accounts
Medium-sized company accounts
Dormant company accounts
Partnership accounts
Community Interest Company
Quality of documents
Further information

Community Interest Companies

1. Do Community Interest Companies need to file accounts with Companies House?

Yes. Community Interest Companies are no different from other companies when it comes to preparing and filing accounts.

2. Are there any additional requirements for Community Interest Companies?

Yes. Community Interest Companies must prepare and deliver to Companies House a ‘community interest company report’ made up to the same date as the accounts, regardless of the size of the company or the exemptions that they have taken advantage of. The report, form CIC34, is available online from You must send a fee of £15 with the accounts and report. Please make cheques payable to ‘Companies House’. For further information about this requirement please visit or alternatively email or telephone: 029 2034 6228.