Company formation Registration - HOME

General information
Corporate voluntary arrangements (CVA) including CVA moratoria
In administration and administration orders - Cases beginning on or after 15 September 2003: In administration
Voluntary liquidation
Compulsory liquidation
European cross-border insolvency proceedings
Frequently asked questions
Quality of documents
Further information

Further information

1. Where can I go for help?

Staff at Companies House in Edinburgh and AIB will be able to advise you on general matters, but if you are considering liquidation or insolvency proceedings you should seek the advice of an insolvency practitioner or the Insolvency Service.

Complaints about the conduct of a licensed insolvency practitioner should be sent, in writing, to:

The Insolvency Practitioners' Section
The Insolvency Service
Area 1.10
PO Box 203
21 Bloomsbury Street

They will then forward the complaint to the practitioner's authorising body.

2. Where do I get forms and guidance?

This is one of a series of Companies House guidance, which provide a simple guide to the Companies Act.

On request, we can also provide guidance on related legislation. Titles include: 'Oversea Companies' (GPO1), 'Limited Partnership Act' (GPO2), 'European Economic Interest Groupings' (GPO4), and 'The European Company: Societas Europaea (SE)' (GPO6).

Statutory forms and guidance are available free of charge from Companies House. The quickest way to get them is through our website or by telephoning 0303 1234 500.

Certain forms as mentioned previously in the text can be obtained from Companies House. Forms can also be obtained from the Accountant in Bankruptcy or from company law stationers. A list of company law stationers can usually be found in Yellow Pages.

3. How do I send information to the Registrar?

Documents, including court orders, should display the correct company name and registration number, where appropriate;
Companies House will only acknowledge receipt if you provide a stamped addressed envelope;
You should supply documents in portrait format (that is, with the shorter edge across the top).
Documents may be delivered by post, by hand (personally or by courier) or by the Document Exchange Service.

The relevant addresses are:

The Registrar of Companies
Companies House
4th Floor
Edinburgh Quay 2
139 Fountainbridge
Edinburgh EH3 9FF
LP - 4 Edinburgh 2 (Legal Post) or
DX ED235 Edinburgh 1

Tel: +44 (0)303 1234 500 (national call rate)
Fax: 029 20380900

The Accountant in Bankruptcy
Pennyburn Road
KA13 6SA
Please note: Companies House does not accept accounts or any other statutory documents by fax.